Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Kraft it Up! KIA

Finally after it sitting staring at me to the side of  my desk for 5 days,  did I manage to finish this months challenge for Kraft It Up.  I have been busy 'creating' for an upcoming tutorial to appear on Abundantias Gold Blog,  and a page for an upcoming class at Album Memories in Port Elliott

I actually had a bit of fun with this one as the criteria was:
  • 1 sheet of cardstock 
  • 2 photos smaller than 6x4
  • 3 different Alpha's
  • 4 different patterned papers
  • 5 different embellishments
I was having a ball gathering all the bits I might use and made a right old messy pile of goodies, to which one of my cheeky monkeys who's bedroom you can barely walk into for stuff everywhere had the cheek to say "you are really messy mummy!"   lol.... if only he knew !!!!

Anyway before I waffle more here is the page.


I had a good old play with Tim Holtz new release lines, the new Distress Ink dabbers, I actaully have some similar that were made by walnut ink that i bought years ago, but I am liking the fact that they co-ordinate with my favourite Distress Inks, as I am kinda used to the colour range ! :)
I couldnt resist adding some of his new 'Sketchbook" tissue tape, I have to say this is my most favourite yet.






I spritzed the distress ink with water to soften the colour, and deliberately over wet the pp's and tore hole's in them to reveal another PP underneath.
The bodice and photo corner (used both the positive and the negative of this , waste not want not) , was painted with Luminarte Twinkling H20's - I just luuurve these.







The chipboard cotton reels took a small smudge of Vintage Photo Ink, and were wound with natural cotton, and an old needle added for authenticity.
Zoe was inked with the new Distress Ink Dabber, Vintage Photo.  Of course my Sewing Machine made an appearance again! :)





Here is my ingredients list:
Kraft Cardstock
Collections - 6x6 papers
Dusty Attic - Bodice cotton reels and artist title
Tim Holtz - Typewriter charms, sketch book tissue tape.
Graphic 45-  staples chipboard buttons
German Scraps

Thanks for looking everyone, I have another share to add in a day or 2 !

4 comments:

  1. WOW Simone stunning vintage LO.. love all the techniqe and gorgeous detail!! Thanks for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT !!! Your vintage LO's always inspire me !! Love the close up pics, great to see all the little details : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just so beautiful, love the vintage elements, thanks for sharing your lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Simone you are the queen of vintage ... stunning work,love it to bits ... gorgeous !!
    have you still got your online store ???
    I love that tissue tape too, but am out of it at the moment so wondering have you any for sale ??? big hugz x

    ReplyDelete