Sunday, May 22, 2011

He's Got the Look

One of the challenges over at Challenge Heaven this month is using the title "He's got the look" or She if you dont have a he to scrap :)
So I decided to scrap this random shot I took back in 2009 whilst holiday in hot QLD! it was so humid we were melting. eek.
Anyway I have really gone grunge on this one, I am sure Tim Holtz may well have had a large chunk of his products used on this page ! :)

So I used some of the Kaisercraft new Timeless range, and added my own adjustments to it, there's quite a lot of detail so I will do my best to describe it as I go along.
 In this bottom Left corner I stamped with a Stampers Anonymous flourish and then embossed it with Ranger Embossing Puffs in Vintage Photo, note how it raises up slightly and gives an almost flocked appearance - Love the texture this exhibits.!
 I edged the Patterened Paper in metal foil tape by Inkessentials, then created 4 photo cormers by embossing  black cardstock with UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) and stamping into it whilst still warm. I used the samp flourish stamp I used in the background.
 The Flourish is from Flourish With a Bling FWAB Luke Black and can be purchased thru Abundantias Gold
these are great sticky backed and so easy to apply.  I gave it a little sand to grunge it up a little.
 The Background Patterened Paper was painted withj Tim Holtz distress crackle Paint, in Copper and Pewter, I deliberatly made it thicker is some areas to create a more textured look. & another close up of the photo corners.

You need to allow the crakcle paint to dry naturally and not heat it up with a heat gun, if you do it will bubble.  In this case I wanted it to bubble as I felt this kind of added to the grunge / industrial look.
Hope this gave you a few pointers and ideas,
Thanks for looking :)
Simone XX

3 comments:

  1. OMG Simone !!! So much to learn from 1 LO ! Just grabbing pen and paper hehehe! LOVE the grunge feel to this LO ! Great masculine LO !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great industrial grunge page its great thanks for the breakdown

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great layout Simone:-) Love the grunge feel to it and all that detail and texture is just fab:-) Love what you have done with our FWAB black Luke flourish too, it suits your layout perfectly:-)So glad you found it easy to use. Happy Scrapping, Maggie (Flourish with a Bling)

    ReplyDelete