Thursday, September 1, 2011

Couture

There's a sketch challenge for me this month (September 2011) as Design Team Member for
Challenge Heaven.  I just love it right up my street :)
Take a look designed by Heather Waldron its just fab!

So here is my take on that wonderful sketch.
Because I dont already have enough patterned paper I thought I would add to my stash and picked up this wonderful Corsets Paper from the Couture Collection designed by local SA Gal Denise Boddey
Just perfect for my layout, and I have to say I quite like the whole softness that Denise seems to capture in her papers, subtlety that you love and not so prominent that you are scared to cut the paper :)
The pattern on the top and bottom of the paper has been created by stamping onto cardstock with embossing ink, then adding enamelware emboss powder and a heat gun. 

So here are a few close ups for you. 


The Chipboard is all Dusty Attic, Aussie based my favourite chipboard people by far, that includes the title, the dress form, and the amazing decorative strip along the bottom.  You can buy Dusty Attic online at Abundantias Gold.
I have broken out those twinkling h20's again (luminarte) and painted the border strip in Poppy, and the title 'Couture' in heavenly.  how appropriate ! lol

Most of the created areas have been cut from the paper, with the addition of some Prima Velvet Leaves, and some Mini Abundantias Gold roses.

and finished off with a little Glimmermisted and shredded ,to within an inch of its life, muslin cotton. :)
Thanks for Looking - Dont forget to leave me some love so that I know you were here :)

Simone




2 comments:

  1. A truely beautiful job Simone, I love your interpretation of my sketch, it's just so gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks heather I just love ur sketches this is the first one I have got the opp to do and they are so stunning they need a page that's fitting ! Lol xx

    ReplyDelete